Saturday, July 29, 2006

This morning (Saturday) our pretty ballerina was needed to perform at a local church fete. It has been a very exciting week for her, with not one but FIVE ballet lessons to prepare the girls for their grand debut. To be perfectly honest, the girls look so sweet in their skirts, slippers and ribbons that I doubt it mattered how well they danced. The audience expects a charming imperfection when little girls dance. Always eager to live up to expectations, my daughter wa the one who came out, craned her head until she spotted us in the crowd then waved madly as the other children remained immaculately in position. She is irrepresible, my little ballerina!



Of course, the other wonderful thing about an Anglican church fete are all the great bargains to be found amongst the stalls. I have taken photos of my haul so you can all be jealous of me!There were a couple of produce stalls, and I bought bunches of basil, rosemary, sage and mint. The basil I will use tonight to make pasta sauce. The preserves I bought were sweet orange marmalade, apricot jam and three fruit butter (flavoured with lemon, lime and passionfruit).


From the jumble stalls I bought three vintage patterns, at the extravagant price of 50 cents (about 35c US). They had a big box of them, and I am sorry I didn't just buy the box!


These two bone china trios were about half what you would pay for the same elsewhere, and I simply could not resist them! I collect tea related objects, and daydream about elegant tea parties, with all my precious tea treasures. I love "playing ladies".

I also need to thank you all for your kind comments on my previous post. I really appreciate that you took the time to say those kind words and pick me up out of my doldrums. Thank you, more than I can say!

8 comments:

Lisa said...

It worked! I am jealous! Great finds and I wish I could have some of that pasta tonight. :)

Lisa said...

Ohhh and the ballerinas are so adorable and I love that she looked for you and waved. That's always my favorite part of any kid event. lol

Anonymous said...

Pretty pretty cups. And that is so touching that your daughter waved at you! I love that when my kiddies do that, I'd rather see them loving me than all the perfect acting in the world (I'm thinking of B's little school plays). What a little treasure trove you got yourself there, are they jams? Blessings

Tanya said...

I love those finds, especially the patterns and the china - just gorgeous. And that photograph of the ballerinas is fabulous - the light, the girls all dressed the same, half the audience in the shot - I think that's a National Geographic-type shot.

Suse said...

What beautiful light in that ballerina shot.

Thanks for visiting my blog, and de-lurking!

Emma said...

Thanks all for looking :) Especially all the compliments on the ballet photo ... I had actually thought it wa the best of a bad bunch of photos, so I am glad you like it.

It was a really nice day.

Tanya said...

It's days later and I just have to say it again - I love that ballet picture!!

Alice said...

Those cups and saucers, and the patterns, brought back so many memories. Before I was married I would often buy a cup, saucer and plate when we went shopping each fortnight. I have about 20 sets now - English Bone China - and they used to cost $1.25 each. Of course, that was about 40 years ago.

Everytime I see patterns like those at a fete or charity shop, I wonder "Did I bring those here?" I have had so many like that over the years.