I have stolen this meme from a good friend, Kristin. I thought I'd do it because Australian Christmas celebrations are so different from northern hemisphere celebrations.
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper, gift bags if it's a hastily bought gift on our way to someone's place.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. It's hard to find a real tree in our sub tropical environment, and they don't really stand up to the heat.
3. When do you put up the tree? December 1st, unless unavoidably delayed.
4. When do you take the tree down? January 6th
5. Do you like eggnog? Never tried it, though it sounds like something I'd like.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? It's a tie between the chemistry set and the teensy Kodak camera. Or the wooden ornaments the Christmas we spent in Germany.
7. Hardest person to buy for? DH, he's so darn contented with what he has, it's hard to get good ideas for him.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Pretty much every female on both sides of the family. We share our good taste ;)
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Not at the moment. The last one was too popular with the kids, and the ones I love are a little too spendy.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? I am a Christmas card failure.
11. Worst Christmas ever? None have been disastrous, though we still miss Dad every Christmas.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie(s)? Does Love Actually count?
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?Not soon enough!
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so ...
15 .Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? The whole turkey roast thing. It's the best dinner of the year!
16. Lights on the tree? Yes, multicoloured led's. The kids had them set to random flashing, but I really hate that!
17. Favorite Christmas song? O Holy Night, though Christopher's choir has restored my love of carols.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? One or the other, some years we travel to Mum's, some we go to inlaws. This year we will drive down to the inlaws just for the day.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer? Yes, because it impresses the kids.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Morning, but not before the coffee and tea are made
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The number of gifts people feel obligated to give their children. Also how everything seems to hinge on the illusion of Christmas Day needing to be perfect.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? I lean towards gold.
24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? Turkey, roasted potato, pumpkin and carrots, greens (usually brussel sprouts), stuffing, plum pudding and custard for dessert.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Peace and quiet!
Our room decorations are made from magazine pages this year. The older two made the stars while Josh created a mile long paper chain. Fun and it looks great!