Sunday, October 15, 2006


We are having a pleasant day today. As I write this we're all in the living room listening to Christopher's choir CD. The songs are all from movie soundtracks, so are very familiar. And I always get a bit teary to hear the cherubic voices of the children. The kids are funny. They are bouncing around on the couch, and every so often the urge to dance takes grows irresistable and they leap onto the floor and boogie.

At present I am stitching ornaments for teacher's gifts. There are only 8 weeks until school breaks up, so I am in a little panic. Every year I decide I should do an ornament a month to escape the end of year panic. Every year I end up having a little freak out in October and putting the finishing touches on ornaments on the last evening before school finishes. This year I have one less teacher to stitch for, so I am hoping that will help!

6 comments:

Bec said...

Lovely day. Was it chilly in Brisvegas today? Sydney is all over the place: Saturday as 37deg and we got burnt at the beach, today we had to pull the gas heater out again!

And I think you're an absolute marvel to make anything for the teachers. Ours get a box of chocolates - sometimes it's even wrapped!

Margaret said...

Looking forward to seeing your ornaments.

Anonymous said...

Good luck with the ornaments - can't wait to see what you're stitching. So glad it was a good day today. LOVELY flower photo!

Anonymous said...

How sweet to listen to the choir. I was quite moved by Songs of Praise on TV today to see the little ones singing with their angelic voices. The rose picture you posted is beautiful, is it yours? :o)

Little Miss Flossy said...

Hey Emma - are you able to send me that Strusel Cake recipe? I thought I was being smart yesterday at the supermarket because the Oct Delicious was in a 2-for-1 package and I peeked and saw the free one was Sept. Woohoo I though until I got it home and found it was Sept 2004!

Emma said...

Thanks for all the comments :)

Bec: It was a lovely day in Brissy, a little warmer than usual, but still Brisbane spring. I saw Sydney was having freak weather this week. Poor you! I abhor heat.

The rose photo is my own. Thanks for the sweet compliments on it!