Saturday, February 10, 2007

A new friend, A Juggling Mum, has been starting up a Frugal Friday Mr Linky thing, so if you're interested in sharing your $$ saving ideas, please do join in!


My idea for this week was to save money on covering children's school exercise books. This year, instead of buying ludicrous amounts of the patterned rolls of contact (one child had 7 large scrap books and 5 small, the other had about 15 books), I bought the much cheaper clear stuff, and we decorated the books with pictures cut from gardening and hoome decorating magazines. The children really enjoyed personalising their books, and I loved paying less than $10AU for the whole lot.

6 comments:

A Juggling Mum said...

That's a great idea Emma, I bet the kids love their very special books :)

Thanks for joining in Frugal Friday with me :)

meggie said...

That is a lovely idea Emma! It is great to involve the children in something like that, & a good way to save some cash!

. said...

That's a fantastic idea!

Kelli said...

Frugal Fridays sound like a good idea -especially since we'll be taking on a new mortgage soon! *gulp*

Anonymous said...

I'll bet they looked really pretty, what a great idea.

Bec said...

Great idea! I don't know how we've managed it but our eldest is in her fifth year of school and we've yet to strike a teacher who wants covered books. No doubt it will all hit at once next year when the twins start and I shall remember your tip!