Wednesday, August 29, 2007



I cannot believe I am the mother of a nine year old. How did that happen when I still feel like a kid myself half the time?

Christopher has enjoyed his birthday celebrations very much. On the weekend we drove down to spend a day with Grandma and Pop. It was great, as always. Grandma is a good cook, and the honey chicken Christopher requested was fabulous. The sticky date pudding was also wonderful, and I am looking forward to eating the last of it today, while noone is watching me.



We always take cupcakes to school for a treat on the day of a birthday. This year's batch was easy, as I had a lot of buttercream left over from the cake we took to G & P's place. I feel like the Pied Piper when I walk into school with a tray of cupcakes. All the little ones follow hopefully.



Christopher was very impressed with his gift from the solar system. We moved the dining table and chairs outside, and sat in the cold to eat pizza and cake under an eclipsing moon. I spent a lot of time trying to photograph it, took about 100 photos, and eventually got some satisfactory ones. I don't know much about the settings on my camera, usually just use the auto setting and the extra zoom in one (whose name I have forgotten). Last night, though, I fiddled with everything to get these shots.



Oh, and the big gap in my blogging can be blamed on a flu epidemic, we all had it pretty bad. We're all well now, though, and trying to pick up where we left off.

6 comments:

Velda said...

Ah there you are!!!!!! Been missing you (here and there!) Happy birthday to Christopher....glad you're all feeling better. Thank you SO much for the eclipse photos, I must have been living under a rock to not have known this was happening so I didn't get pics :) I feel fulfilled now :)

Melissa said...

It is good to see you again. Sixteen posts came up with your reemergence. I missed a couple of them the first time around so it was fun to go back through your posts and reread them.

Take care. M

Small Town Mamma said...

Glad Kit had a good day! Love the photos - we had total cloud cover!!

meggie said...

Kept checking in to see if you were back!
Happy Birthday 9 Year Old!
And what a lovely lot of cupcakes.
And a lovely gift, as you say, of the Eclipse. Great pics!

Ice Cream said...

i feel the same way now that i have a nine year old. How on earth did you make the false teeth on the cupcakes???

Emma said...

The teeth are a type of candy we have here in Australia. They taste a bit like toothpaste, very mildly mint. Kids love them.