Friday, September 12, 2008

Friday Finishes

This little redwork piece has turned out even sweeter than I hoped. It took a couple of tries to get the binding on right, especially since I have never actually done anything with binding before. I brashly thought I'd be able to just figure it out, but three quarters of the way around it was pretty obvious I had no idea how to mitre corners. One quick trip to Youtube later, it was all under control. The finishing touch - the stick for the hanger - was collected from under a tree while walking from school to the car this afternoon.

Today I also hemmed and buttonholed Samara's new dress. It's a little loose around the bodice (room to grow over the summer is my excuse), but easily remedied with a t-shirt underneath. She can't wait to wear it for Grandma's birthday tomorrow.


Of course, I can't photograph anything without Josh appearing for his big moment in front of the camera. Cheese!

6 comments:

Kristin said...

You did a fabulous job on that redwork piece and the dress.

As always, the kids look adorable.

Melissa said...

The redwork is lovely and Samara's dress looks sweet - I really, really like the colors.

Small Town Mamma said...

Ooh, love the redwork. At your advice, I have picked up my stitching again, after months of it gathering dust...

Emma said...

Now that it has been given, I can say that the redwork was a gift for my dear Mother in Law :) It should look nice with all her lovely country themed decor.

meggie said...

Nice redwork!
Love the pretty dress- yes room for growth is essential.
Bless the Cheese sayer!

Anonymous said...

I love the redwork!