Wednesday, December 17, 2008

City Excursion


We caught the train into the city. This is what I got when I asked the kids to smile. Not a clue!

After lunch with Daddy we went and admired the Myers window display. Every year they depict another Christmas book. It's always a fascinating display.


We saw the city Christmas tree.




And climbed on the nearby artworks, which reminded me of gifts beneath the tree, or perhaps a bauble knocked down by a curious kitten.




My favourites are these leadlight angels, which look down on you throughout the Queen Street Mall. I am sure at night they are divine. We are going out for dinner in the city in a few days, so I will take my camera back at night.

2 comments:

Lily Boot said...

yeees ... we had that smiling problem with our Father Christmas photo today - smile? what's that? and if we smile we must also hunch in a peculiar manner! I haven't seen those angels at night either - now you have me curious :-)

Kristin said...

It sounds like a fabulous outing.