Monday, June 11, 2007

No pictures to show, due to flat batteries, but Darling Hubby and I have been on a bit of a demolition derby in our house this weekend.

We planned to remove an accumulation of larger rubbish that the regular collection wouldn't take, also to remove a concret ramp leading to our back door, in preparation for a slab to be poured for our new patio. We ordered two rubbish skips, one to be taken away last Friday for the regular junk, and then replaced with a special concrete collection skip for us to fill over the weekend. All went as planned, except that the first skip was not removed.

So we did all the work we'd planned, and sat down for a well earned Sunday evening's rest. Darling Hubby looked down and said 'We should get rid of this carpet sooner, rather than later'. That was all the encouragement I needed, since I have loathed the living room carpet for years. By 8:30 pm, we'd rolled up the carpet and put it and the underlay into the overdue-for-pick-up skip. Glad they forgot to get it! We unearthed some rather tolerable floorboards, so now I need to get them clean. Darling Hubby has gone away for work (on a public holiday, grrr)

Needless to say, we're a bit tired today, after getting a little over excited with our skips. Darling Hubby says next time he'll order a really small one, so I don't get carried away trying to fill it.

5 comments:

meggie said...

Huh?? but it was his idea to take up the carpet??
Dont you just love men.
Good luck with it all.

Emma said...

I think he was hoping I'd say 'not now, dear'. He underestimated how much I hated the carpet.

hollyday said...

Don't you love when they do that? My DH decided (while I was gone) that we should redo the basement instead of finishing the family room like we'd planned *sigh*. I can't wait to see the pictures! ((Hugs))

Margaret said...

LOL One things just leads to another. Can't wait to see pictures after the putting back together is accomplished.

Anonymous said...

What have you been up to since I left? I expected to catch up on your latest news! Guess I will have to ring you. Looking forward to the chat. Love you