Thursday, May 28, 2009
see more Lolcats and funny pictures
Things stopping me from blogging:-
- Under Eight's activity day - chaperoning 5 little people in a crowd of 300, took another full day to stop feeling like I'd just run a marathon.
- School camp - purchasing, labelling and packing, emotional trauma of child growing up too soon - still not over that one!
- 36 pretty pink cupcakes - Samara's birthday is turning into a week long saga. Her birthday fell on Under Eights' day, and so the classroom celebration was put off until today. Extras had to be made for the older students who were unable to go on camp, as they are participating in the younger classrooms for the rest of the week. Throw in a few more cupcakes for teachers and a specially gift wrapped one for Joshua's teacher (whose birthday is today).
- The Poisonwood Bible, by Barbara Kingsolver - finished reading it between cake batches. Awesome book on so many levels. It tells the story of a missionary family in the Congo during the period of upheaval as Belgium handed over the government to the Congolese. I could really relate to the daughters arriving in the Congo, as my own childhood was eerily similar, though thankfully a lot safer, and happier.
- Riverbend Books and Teahouse - We had made a reservation here last week, and then the restaurant (basically a verandah for the bookstore) was closed due to the rain and wind. We went last night, perfect timing for the purchase of my next book, Alias Grace, by Margaret Atwood. Any excuse, hey?
Hopefully next week I will have something to show for my time!