See who I found on the back fence last night while I was "dewatering" the dog! The Phantom Pawpaw (Papaya) Pincher! It's my own fault, really, for growing such delicacies. My compost heap is also a failure due to possums, who consider it a delicious smorgasboard. I don't mind feeding the native critters though. I have a soft spot for marsupials.
My sister, Sasha, has tagged me for a meme. I don't think I've ever done one before, but there is always a first time, isn't there? Let's see how we go ;)
8 things I am looking forward to:
1. My bedtime cup of chamomile and lavender tea, with a dash of honey.
2. Using the soap I made last weekend, 'flavoured' with lavender oil and a generous heap of my night time tea - only 5 weeks to go!
3. Queen's Birthday weekend - even though I don't work outside the home, a three day weekend spent with my lovely family always feels like a holiday.
4. A family wedding - BIL and his beloved are planning a 'destination' wedding, and I can't wait for the chance to take a little vacation somewhere special, with a whole bunch of family :)
5. Kids that are tall enough to wash the dishes properly.
6. My grandmother's 90th birthday - hey Sasha, you gonna come down for it??
7. The next Craft and Quilt Fair. Roll on October! Hey Sasha, maybe that's when you should come down! I just thought, while I had the dates in front of me, I should go mark it on the family calendar, but it's already on there. Guess I am REALLY looking forward to it!
8. Lifeline Bookfest!! I just googled it, and it's this weekend! Yay!!
8 Things I did yesterday:
1. Cooked Carrot and Ginger Soup for dinner.
2. Laundry, laundry, laundry.
4. Took Samara to Brownies.
5. Emailed back and forth with Darling Hubby throughout the day.
6. Stitched a little on Cinderella. I'll have to take some update photos, but we're having another wet week, and the lighting is bad.
7. Snuggled my honey on the couch.
8. All that usual boring stuff - dishes, sweeping etc.
Yesterday was a very quiet day. I've had a 3 day migraine, which makes me disinclined to go outside at all.
8 things I wish I could do:
1. Go to Angkor Wat. This is a lifelong dream of mine. I am hoping that we'll do a big holiday the year my honey and I turn 40.
2. Live in a cold climate. This one keeps eluding me :( Never mind, life is good here too, just not ... cold.
3. Wake up early. I was, a long time ago, an early riser. Unfortunately my chronic insomnia and fibromyalgia have made me a grouchy bed monster in the mornings. I miss my sunrises!
4. Own a bookstore. But then I'd go broke from reading all the stock and never doing any actual work.
5. Go back to the Torres Strait. My family lived on Badu Island for two years in the early 80's. I think that those years had a huge influence on who I am today.
6. Be a cat lady. I have been limited to two cats. I keep trying to convince Darling Husband that we still have room on the bed, but he's not easily swayed ;)
7. Have a craft room.
8. Be more patient with my kids. But I am pretty sure most Mums feel this way.
8 shows I watch:
1. Life on Mars, until it finished last week.
2. Good News Week. I have had a crush on Paul McDermott for almost 20 years. The show is a 'quiz show' based on the recent news, with a lot of hilarity thrown in. It's so very Australian, with our complete irreverance for authority.
3. Masterchef Australia. We have been watching this as a family, and I am proud to say that I am winning, with a consistent grade of 10/10. Though last night I was informed that the soup only got 10/10 because Josh didn't want to hurt my feelings. Hehehe! I'll have to try harder tonight.
4. House. But it's not on at the moment.
5. Dr Phil. Occasionally, if the topic is particularly bizarre. I like strange people.
6. Lost in Austen was on the ABC a couple of months ago. Lucky me got the dvd for Mother's Day, so I get to watch it whenever I like.
I am sorry, there aren't a lot of shows I am drawn to at the moment. I usually end up reading a book.
So there you go! I have to run now - gotta go pick up kids from school :) Swimming lessons this afternoon!