Sunday, December 10, 2006

Christmas cooking time!
This afternoon I have been making these little 'plum puddings'. They are so easy to make, taste great and look good too. I borrowed the idea from an unknown little old lady, a friend of my grandmother's who brought a box of them to her in hospital a number of Christmases ago.
To make them you crumb a store bought dark fruit cake and moisten the crumbs with a couple of tablespoons of brandy. Roll it into small balls, and top each with a dribble of melted white chocolate and a quarter of a glace cherry. It's really that easy.
The Beloved Husband wants me to make a second batch for him to take to work for their celebration morning tea on Friday. I think I can oblige, though maybe I should pretend they're really hard to make, so as to gain extra wifely credit!

7 comments:

Margaret said...

What a great way too use fruitcake! Mmmmm.

Bec said...

THIS!! THIS is what I have been searching for through all my recent Donna Hay nightmares!

You are a solid gold GODDESS Emma, thank you!!

Melissa said...

Oooooooooooh defintely extra-credit!! :)

Anonymous said...

These are just the cutest, great idea!

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering they look lovely thanks for the recipe they will go down a treat on christmas day.

Sara Laughs said...

It looks good but fruitcake? Hmm, I'm not so sure LOL!

Lisa said...

These look yummy and sound so easy. I chuckled at the extra wifely credit. :)